Wow, working with a group collaboratively is not as easy as one might think! Just obtaining some kind of group consensus for a time to meet takes about five times as long as it would if we were all sitting together with our calendars picking the best time. I continue to enjoy the camaraderie and spirit of acceptance in this online environment.
Just the act of working on a team agreement is a great learning experience… the points included in a team agreement set the team up for success.
I have enjoyed seeing how the various instructional strategies are helping to achieve the learning objectives. As graduate students we are discovering information and revelations about how elearning can be effective by participating in it our selves, in addition to the reading and the research and development of projects.
In the recent weeks, we have delved into our own examples of effective elearning as a group created a list of instructional strategies that were common to all of us. It was an enjoyable revelation for me to see that those strategies mirrored effective adult learning principles and practices that I learned several years ago, and have maintained close adherence to over the years in developing training and education for adults. After the list of Common Instructional Values was posted, I went back to the best learning stories and re-read them, to see again how the strategies were reveled. There are so many great ideas for instruction in those stories; I wish I had the time to create a table to refer back to on those days when I just can’t think of a creative teaching method. But, I have the list saved in a safely backed up location, and plan to use it often in my work and for my studies.
As I write this blog, my sense of excitement for the final outcomes of this class continues to build! Each unit builds a foundation that is leading us to a final outcome …. Being able to effectively plan and develop effective elearning. I can’t wait for that day... more to come……!
Monday, September 15, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
working collaboratively in groups online has a lot of affordances but also some constraints. One constraint is that things often take longer than they do in a F2F environment. Throughout this course, and other courses you take, always be thinking about what your instructors are doing (or aren't doing) and why you think they are (or aren't doing) certain things in the classroom.
Patrick
Post a Comment